COVID 19 TRACK AND TRACE AND POSITIVE SYMPTOMS
OVER THE WEEKEND OF ENIDNG 14TH FEBRUARY 2021
1. School closes on Friday 12th February 2021
2. School will contact you over the holidays if we receive any information that indicates you should self-isolate due to a close contact with someone with coronavirus.
3. If you, your child, or member of your family has been off school prior to the 14th February 2021 and have been for a COVID TEST prior to school finishing you must inform the school of the outcome. Please text 07503 630745
Including 1.Child’s name and class 2.Your postcode 3. Result of test 4. If positive the date your symptoms started.
4. If your child, family member, bubble member or member of staff gets coronavirus symptoms over the holiday
a. High temperature
b. New or continuous dry cough
c. Loss of taste or smell.
They must go for a coronavirus test and stay in isolation until they get the result back.
5. NEGATIVE TEST RESULT – you can enjoy the rest of the holidays isolation free
6. POSITIVE TEST RESULT – YOU, YOUR FAMILY AND SUPPORT BUBBLE MUST ISOLATE
Please text 07503 630745
Including 1. Child’s name and class 2. Your postcode 3. Person with positive info e.g. mum/ child/ uncle in bubble 4. Date of test 5. date symptoms started.
7. School will contact any of your close contacts in school if your symptoms started between 12th February 2021 and 14th February 2021. To inform them of their isolation period.
8. If you are contacted by NHS test and Trace. You, your family and support bubble must isolate
Please text 07503 630745 with your child’s name, class and yout post code with the date you finish your isolation.
9. Over the Xmas period if you get a positive test result of Test and Trace notification You, your family and support bubble must isolate,Please continue to text 07503 630745 with 1. Child’s name and class 2. Your postcode 3. Person with positive info e.g. mum/ child/ uncle in bubble 4. Date of test 5. date symptoms started
We will inform you when your child can return to school.
Thank you for your support.
Stay Safe and Take Care
Message from the Head Teacher
At Ash Valley College, our pupils are respected as individuals and we aim to give them opportunities that would not otherwise be available to them in a mainstream school setting. We believe in making sure that each pupil feels safe and secure, knowing that dedicated staff are here to help them achieve their full potential. Each pupil has access to a broad and balanced curriculum, which is differentiated to ensure all of their needs are met.
Every day we are witness to the outstanding achievements of our pupils, facilitated by a diversity of practice from our staff team. This practice has been recognised by Ofsted as ‘Good’ and we are naturally proud of this – however, the greater prize is seeing our young people grow into caring, responsible and active members of society.
We cannot put everything that we want to share with you in this website but hopefully we can provide an insight and our always happy to welcome visitors to the school. I look forward to getting to know all our pupils and their parents and carers over the course of the year and thank you in anticipation of your continued support.
Head of College
18th December, 2020
23rd November, 2020
21st October, 2020
25th September, 2020
24th August, 2020
1st June, 2020
5th March, 2020
7th February, 2020
28th January, 2020
22nd January, 2020